Sherry Averitt has loved art since she was a small child. She took art
courses at the University of Montevallo and ultimately included art in her
career as an elementary and pre-school teacher. After retiring as a school
teacher, she began creating artwork for the nurseries of her daughter’s
friends. She soon found that her artwork was being enjoyed in nurseries and
children’s rooms all over Alabama and the Southeast and she found great joy
in creating these special projects. Sherry paints with acrylics on canvas
and has broadened her project to subjects that are enjoyed by all ages.
Sherry has recently enjoyed experimenting with painting on textured wood.
Please see her website at www.sherryaveritt.com and you can contact her at
Mountain Brook Art Association
P.O. Box 531194
Mountain Brook, AL 35253
PAY DUES AND FEES
USING BUTTON BELOW
The Mountain Brook Art Association sponsors two annual shows, the Spring Festival in April, and the Holiday Show in late November or early December. All current members are eligible to exhibit based on SHOW GUIDELINES and the events are free and open to the public. Anyone living within a 25 mile radius of Mountain Brook is welcome to join.
Our association focuses on the traditional arts of two-dimensional painting and drawing. Any artist may join , but only painting, drawing and fine art collage are allowed in our annual shows.
Please view PAY DUES tab for information on joining and SHOW GUIDELINES tab for info on entering shows.
Logo by Valerie Watson © 2008
Want the latest news?
- Norton’s Floral Competition 2017 is ON!
- Art in the Village! Coming soon!
- 2017 Art in the Village – SAVE THE DATE
- SAVE THE 2017 DATES!
- Come see artist demonstrations at our Holiday Show! Here’s the schedule…
- The highly anticipated HOLIDAY ART SHOW is just days away!
- David Nichols to demo landscape Monday, 6-8PM
- Update on 2016 Holiday Show, December 2-17
- Did you miss Terry Strickland’s demo? Here’s a recap!
- Important upcoming dates!
- Next meeting is May 19th. Please mark your calendars!
- And the 2016 winner is….
- 2016 Art in the Village winners
- Art in the Village Floral Competition, sponsored by Norton’s Florist
- Upcoming Meetings! Mark your calendars!