Follow on InstagramGreat talk and demo by printmaker Micheal Molay. Thanks for sharing your vision with us!Happening tonight! Michael Molay speaking at our first nighttime meeting of 2020. 🎉Evening meeting - Tuesday, Jan 21, Emmet O'Neal Library 6-8 PM Michael Molay is the creative, talented force behind the art series known as Birmingprints. He will speak to Mountain Brook Art Association on Tuesday's evening meeting. Don't miss this one, as Michael will discuss his inspiration, design elements, techniques and strategies that have helped him grow into his art today! A natural born storyteller and Birmingham native, Michael uses his senses of space to create linoleum prints that reflect the way he perceives different worlds around us. BIO FROM MICHAEL: A native wallflower of Birmingham, Michael is fixated by the city’s people, spaces, and history ever since childhood. ‘Birmingprints’ is the visual result of a tireless endeavor to explore the everyday and iconic places of Birmingham. Using derivatives of centuries old techniques through the medium of linoleum, Michael fuses his art with soul and sequence, telling any story to all open and curious. Above all, he enjoys plants, drawing, photography, history, coffee, and llamas, but not necessarily in that order. You can catch him loitering around the city, breathing life unto in his native land for what had long been too foreign and familiar. #fineart #painting #drawing #mixedmedia #printmaking #artistsofinstagram #birminghamartists #alabamaartists #demo #meeting #mountainbrookartassociation
Mountain Brook Art Association
P.O. Box 531194
Mountain Brook, AL 35253
Art In the Village
PAY DUES AND FEES
USING BUTTON BELOW
The Mountain Brook Art Association sponsors two annual shows, the Spring Festival in April, and the Holiday Show in late November or early December. All current members are eligible to exhibit based on SHOW GUIDELINES and the events are free and open to the public. Anyone living within a 25 mile radius of Mountain Brook is welcome to join.
Our association focuses on the traditional arts of two-dimensional painting and drawing. Any artist may join , but only painting, drawing and fine art collage are allowed in our annual shows.
Please view PAY DUES tab for information on joining and SHOW GUIDELINES tab for info on entering shows.
Logo by Valerie Watson © 2008
Want the latest news?ALL MEMBERS receive the latest news through periodic email blasts. CLICK HERE to find out more about joining.
- First Meeting of 2020 Featured a Great Demo by Chris Cruz
- 2019 Holiday Show at The Summit (old Charming Charlie space)
- UPCOMING MEETINGS – Mark your calendars now!
- Award Winners from Our Fabulous Show at Lane Parke!
- Wonderful Meeting on Social Media and Norton’s Floral Photos
- MBAA Spring “Art In the Village” Show Forms
- 2019 Dates for Your Calendar
- Great Demo by Carole Schrading at Our Meeting Tonight
- Don’t Miss Our Next Demo with Carol Schrading – Tuesday, January 22nd
- Wonderful Meeting and Demo by Rick Plasters
- DON’T MISS Our First Meeting of the Year: Demo by Rick Plasters
- Holiday Show Wrap Up
- Still time to shop the Holiday Show… through Dec 23rd
- Holiday Show Coming Nov 23rd – Dec 23rd at The Summit
- Art In the Village 2018… THANK YOU!
Tag Archives: october
To download the brochure for this October portrait workshop, please click Edgerton Workshop 2014 Birmingham. Tuition: $520.00, plus $30 model fee; $150 deposit due at registration, balance due Oct. 1. $30.00 discount for early registration by September 5. Class enrollment … Continue reading