ART IN THE VILLAGE
37th Annual Spring Art Show
Mother’s Day Saturday, MAY 12, 9 – 4PM
We are all very excited this year because, after 37 years in April, we have moved our well-known show out of April to the Saturday of Mother’s Day weekend on May 12. Still a one-day show, we hope all members can participate in some way. As we do in the holiday show, our volunteers are an integral part of the show. Our Hospitality Tent is a fun place for volunteers to fan out to booth-sit, run errands and lunches, visit with each other and really feel part of the artist community. In return for their help, the volunteers can hang a painting or two to sell at the booth.
We will have room for up to 100 artist booths. Display tents are not required but they are recommended. We provide lots of information on our web site to find inexpensive tents and make inexpensive display screens.
This is an easy show. The club provides all business licensing. You simply pay your collected sales tax at the end of the show. New artists with lots of questions can be
paired with a mentor. We will do our best to find partners for sharing a booth space. However, each artist still pays the full exhibitor price to help pay for advertising.
• Remember you do NOT need business licenses. We provide all three: city, county and state
• Both the Boy Scouts and the Birmingham Belles will assist in setup and take-down.
• Nortons Floral Competition is open to volunteers and exhibitors.
• Blue Ribbons for best in Show for 3 categories of Professional, Semi-Pro and Emerging
• Six red ribbons for distinguished work, including one for a volunteer work