Mountain Brook Art Association
P.O. Box 531194
Mountain Brook, AL 35253
The Mountain Brook Art Association sponsors two annual shows, the Spring Festival in April, and the Holiday Show in late November or early December. All current members are eligible to exhibit based on SHOW GUIDELINES and the events are free and open to the public. Anyone living within a 25 mile radius of Mountain Brook is welcome to join.
Our association focuses on the traditional arts of two-dimensional painting and drawing. Any artist may join , but only painting, drawing and fine art collage are allowed in our annual shows.
Please view PAY DUES tab for information on joining and SHOW GUIDELINES tab for info on entering shows.
Logo by Valerie Watson © 2008
Want the latest news?
- Sign up for the Holiday Show and please invite your friends!
- Meeting – Wednesday, November 5th, 6PM
- Time to sign up for the annual HOLIDAY SHOW!
- See you in September…
- Exciting Portrait Workshop in October!
- Art for Hope – and for a Cure – honoring Toni Tully
- Next meeting–June 9th, 6PM with digital art demo by Anita Bice
- Springalingadingdong opportunity for artists, Saturday, May 10th
- Winners’ Board–Congratulations! Volunteers–THANK YOU!
- Program for the 2014 Spring Art Festival
- Meeting on March 17th again features Andy Jordan
- It’s official ~ Here’s the poster for 2014 Spring Art Show
- Exhibiting artists at the 2014 Spring Art Show
- Norton’s Floral Competition
- Show tips from MBAA Show Chairman, Janet Sanders
Our evening meeting party is this coming Wednesday at Emmet O’Neal Library in Crestline Village. the meeting starts at 6PM but we could use some help at 5:30 to set up, and after the meeting ends at 8PM as well. (Who can help? We will be setting out all the holiday cards & posters, chairs and tables, food)
REMEMBER TO BRING:
- a painting to hold up in a group for publicity photos.
- either the painting above or some object that is “YOU” for our “getting -to-know you” segment
- a card to place with your displayed item with a few sentences about yourself and/or your painting style, etc.
- bring any used, unused art supplies and books to swap!
- your donation to Wounded Warrior, if you so desire. Attached is the donation form for Wounded Warrior.
See you Wednesday!